Sunday, October 07, 2007

Pregnancy so far

How have the 10 weeks of pregnancy been so far? Well, since the beginning of the pregnancy is defined as the first day of her last period, the first week and a half was real easy (conception hadn't happened yet), the next week was a lot of fun (conception), the next two weeks were a mixture of anticipation and downplaying anticipation (didn't know yet). When I found out on Saturday evening Sept 1st, I was extremely excited, but I felt a physical reaction as I considered how my life had just changed. Weeks 5-9 have been a great adventure summarized perfectly by the above picture. Sarah's body is going through a lot and she's constantly tired and sleeping a lot. She's also had some uniquely specific cravings, such as for sushi (don't worry, she didn't eat any raw fish), certain kinds of bread, and ramen. She has been throwing up a bit, but is feeling better now.

1 comment:

Levi said...

The best description of pregnancy my wife gave me was that it felt like a parasitic alien was growing inside her. And you know what, she was right!

Congrats.