Saturday, September 17, 2005

6 Straight


The Yanks beat that Canadian team again this afternoon to win their 6th straight game. They're so close to the Sox and Indians in the pennant race with 2 weeks left in the season that there's great reason to hope. This picture is from 7 years ago, from the most exciting game I've ever seen. My Dad and I were sitting in the upper deck as Cone through only the third perfect game in Yankees history. The memory of that accomplishment still inspires us, as evidenced by the fact that we still have the cups we bought at the game that day in July 1999! Besides being able to share that moment with my Dad, one of the best parts was that my buddy Ithy and I got to meet Cone 2 weeks later in Boston. Below Cone's picture is the ticket stub that Cone signed for me. Go Yanks!

No comments: