Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving?

Don't worry, while the rest of Canada was busy giving thanks, deep inside I was celebrating Columbus and colonialism. To show my gratitude for the day off I took a trip to Quebec City with some friends. Since Sarah was one of those friends, it was gray and rainy just like every other time she's gone to Quebec. I hope everybody gets to see this beautiful town. From what my Sacuto-sister-french-road-tripper-colleagues said, it feels just like stepping into France.


One of the highlights is the majestic Chateau Frontenac at the top of the hill. This picture doesn't do it justice, you need to see it from below the hill.


Quebec is the only gated city north of Mexico and this is us in front of one of the entrances to the old part of town.



This is me at the start of the trip, completely dry and focused. I only included this picture to prove I had grown beard (which is already gone). There are tons of other great pics, like me kissing a Winston Churchill bust on the cheek, Sarah getting kissed by a strange clown in an alley and one of the two Christmas ornament shops in town. Oddly enough they do better business in the summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this picture almost convinces me that you may look good with a beard!
From an awesome friend