Saturday, June 10, 2006

June 6 = 5 years



June 6th marked the 5th anniversary of the day I started my missionary service in Southeastern Idaho. June 5th was the 3rd anniversary of my return. Can you believe it's already been 5 years since I started?! I guess I've accomplished some pretty important things in that time: graduated from McGill, got engaged, got accepted to 6 great grad schools, and volunteered 2 years as YM Pres. I really like this picture of myself with Elder Mullaney (from Tonga) in June 2003 when I was zone leader over parts of Pocatello, including most of Alameda. Both sets of my grandparents used to live in Pocatello, my mom was born in a near by hospital and as a little girl lived in this house which my Bingham Grandparents built. I'm told it was remodeled a lot since they moved out. I am so glad I was a missionary for many reasons. Working in Idaho gave allowed me to connect more deeply with my personal roots, and it gave me a chance to work tirelessly for other's happiness. It was an amazing experience to be apart of so many people's lives as they were going through life changing experiences. Now that I've been asked to be a ward missionary, I feel more connected to missionaries in the area and hope they're well taken care of and having similar life changing experiences. Have you done something nice for a missionary lately?

No comments: