Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Les Bleus ont gagné!


Now that I'm marrying a french girl, I have to root for "Les Bleus" in the world cup, right? I've had a great time following all the games so far and was thrilled this afternoon to watch France knock out Spain 3-1. Most people I talked to predicted Spain would have their way in this game and that France's run was over and that Zidaine's career was over. Of course, now that they've won, everyone's saying the same thing about their upcoming game against Brazil on Saturday. Dad and I are going to watch the game from a french restaurant and hope we'll have lots of reason to celebrate. Of course, since he served a mission in Sao Paulo, Brazil, he wouldn't be too dissapointed of they won as well. To watch highlights of this afternoon's exciting game, or any other match of the tournement, check out FIFA's excellent site: http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/v/

No comments: