Monday, August 28, 2006

For Time and All Eternity


What a wonderful day!! Being married to Sarah in the Temple on Saturday was the highlight of my life so far. The top picture is of the moment we walked out of the Temple into the crowd of friends waiting for us (really felt more like paparrazi). The bottom picture is outside the temple during our wedding portraits. Like our shoes? Words can't describe the feelings I had, and I had hard time trying to get them out during the sharing of our vows that evening. I promised Sarah "un vie remplie de joi," and more than anything was overwhelmed by the gratitude and love I felt. I feel so incredibly grateful for the family I come from, the wonderful family I've married into, the friends and mentors that helped shaped my life, and especially to God for guiding my life and bringing Sarah to me. We're in St. Jovite right now on our honeymoon and I feel constant reassurance that this decision will fill me with joy for the rest of my life and beyond. As the inscription in our ring reminds us, because we were married by the restored priesthood authority in the Temple, our marriage will last for "time and all eternity."

No comments: