Saturday, November 04, 2006

Recent Adventures


I recently drove a recent convert of the Church to the Temple in Montreal, so he could do baptisms there. It was a wonderful experience for all involved. He was able to get a ride home with someone else, so I took advantage of my time and location to pop in on the Coutures. Rebecca jumped when I knocked on their kitchen window, and I had a blast playing with Guillaume and Estelle, my completely adorable niece and nephew. Guillaume and I made this halloween bat for Sarah who was back home working. As you can see, she was pretty frightened!

Last weekend, Emilie (Sarah's sister) celebrated her birthday by coming to our place with her boyfriend Sergio. We had a fantastic time playing games, eating good meals, and even performing in our Ward's talent show. We also went across the river to Ottawa and we gave them a tour of Parliament. Technically the building was closing to the public, but whenever the guards saw my badge, they let us walk around freely. It was fun.

Last night Sarah and I explored more of the Parc de la Gatineau, the stunning provincial park that is literally just minutes from our apartment. We love this area so much, and can't believe how close we are to a center of international diplomacy on one end, and a nature at its best on the other end. I'm not feeling well and wasn't sure I was up to the walk (and am paying a bit of a price now), but I'm glad my wonderful wife suggested we do this. I love her so much and feel so lucky to be with her. Do you like the haircut she gave me? We bought clippers for the price of 1 haircut, and will now be able to do it ourselves for free. Truth be told, I did most of my own haircut!

No comments: