Monday, February 26, 2007

Gagnon Baptism


Last weekend I drove to Montreal for a very special occassion, the baptism of the Chris, Justin and Andrew Gagnon. When I was young mens president of my congregation in Montreal (Jan 04-Dec-05) I became close to the best teenagers on earth, including Chris and eventually his brother Justin when he turned 12. They had been developing their own faith and testimony, and chose to be baptized this month. I felt so honored to have been asked to give a talk during the service, though was surprised that my small little talk was to be in front of 100 people! It was a bit intimidating, but went really well. I spoke about lessons I've learned while training for the half marathon that are analogous to trying to live a life as a follower of Christ. I talked about principles like committment, improvement, support from loved ones and integrity. It went over well, but of course the best prat was catching up with all my friends in Montreal, especially the young men. I drove back to Montreal later that night, after having dinner with my sister in law Rebecca and her family. Happy birthday Rebecca and Guillaume!

No comments: