Friday, April 13, 2007

1/2 Marathon Training



Pretty cool place eh? This is where I did my long run last week, and where I'm going later today. When it's just too cold to run outside, ie with a wind chill of negative 20Celcius, I've been running on a treadmill at the Univ of Ottawa. But I can't handle being on a treadmill for distances longer than 6k, or just over 3 miles. That takes me a little more than 30 minutes, and unless there is something good on tv, I start going insane. So I found this indoor track where I can avoid the cold and not go insane as quickly. So far my longest run is 16km (10 miles), which I did last Saturday and will do in a couple hours. I've run 5 days a week, without missing a session, since Feb 6th. In other words, I'm in week 10 of my 16 week training schedule. I started out running around 21km per week (13 miles) and am now up to 39km this week (24miles). So far I've run a total of 243km (151miles) in about 26 hours 30 minutes. My average km isn't that fast, 6:30, or 10:30 min per mile. I'm really excited about training while on vacation. I leave for NYC tomorrow and will run 5k, 6, and 7k. In Toulouse I will run 5, 6, 7 and 12km. In Nice I wil run 6 and 18km. In Annecy, by the Swiss border, I will run 6k twice. In Paris I will run 6, 8 and 18km. It'll be great to get to know these cities in this way!

No comments: