Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Final thoughts

Sarah and I are a week into our 5k/10k training and it's going really well. I'm really proud of her and feel very good pushing my limits. I am not worrying as much about distance this time around as I am about pushing myself to run distances I can comfortably do, ie, 3-5 miles, considerably faster than before. So far so good. I did a 5 mile run today with the middle three miles at a much quicker pace, running them in 26min. Compare that to the 31 min it usually took me during my half marathon training. I feel pretty good about that. One other final thought is that in total during my training, I ran 470km, 292.11miles, in 3,085 minutes, or just over 51 hours. That ends up being about 11 marathons, averaging around 4 hours 30 min per marathon. Not fast at all, but a good start, right?

No comments: