Friday, June 08, 2007

Race pictures



This is the ad for the 10k/5k run that Sarah and I have signed up for in Fayetteville, North Carolina on August 18th. We started training this week and feel really good (though I can really feel all the junk food I ate since the half marathon! Speaking of the half, check out my favorite pics from their official website where you can buy photos of me running if you like: me crossing the Alexandra Bridge (just before the 10k mark-can you tell by the smirk on my face that I saw the cameraman?), running down the canal (around the 12km mark I guess), looking at the jumbotron just before crossing the finish line (can you see the difference an extra 10k makes?) and crossing the line! The clock on the left is from the start of the full marathon (7:00am), while the one on the right was the time since the start of the half (around 8:30). Since it took 8 min to get to the starting line, my actual official time was 2:22:41.9, instead of the 2:30:24 seen in the photo. This is signficant since my goal was 2:30. Of course this is not fast at all. Out of 7,761 runners, I came in 6,125th place, meaning 80% ran faster than me, or that I ran faster than 20%. Out of 3,336 men, I came in 3066th, so 92% of the men ran faster times than me. Of the 361 men 25-29, I came in 343rd, in the bottom 5%. I actually enjoy these stats, as they reinforce to me that I wasn't competing with anyone but myself, and how glad I am that I didn't lose!

No comments: