Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Yanks

The Yanks are on a tear lately! It's about time. Their magic number for winning the wild card is 7 and it's 14 for winning the division. The Red Sox are still in first place (only by 2.5 games) but have a magic number of 9. All this means is that each time your team wins, or the other team in question loses, your magic number decreases. When the number reaches 0, you've won the division or the wild card or whatever you're talking about. Since there are only 11 games left, this means the yanks have a very good shot at winning the wild care, and though it's certainly possible they could win the division, it's not mathematically likely. I love the last two weeks of the baseball season!

On a different note, I have some huge news to announce, but since I don't have the picture on my computer yet, I'll wait. Sorry.

No comments: