Friday, February 08, 2008

What's on my mind

Here's a video collection of some things that are on my mind lately:



Obama's won me over. I've liked him for a long time (relatively speaking), but haven't been sure until recently that he's who I would support for the Democratic nomination. When I first got an ipod in 1995 I subscribed to the podcasts of every Senator on itunes, which was basically just Obama and maybe one other. Each week I felt like I got to hear him as he told me his thoughts on the big issue of the week, from immigration, to health care and foreign affairs. What I respected most was his sincerity, the feeling that I was hearing what he really believes. He didn't stick to the party's talking points and wasn't afraid to compliment the Republican ideas he agreed with. More than anything I think our country needs a President who can heal the partisan divide and anger over the war that afflicts our country. As much as I love Hillary, it's obvious he'd be better at that. While her health care plan would be more effective than his (though I like his a lot), I think he's much more likely to get something passed. That being said, if she is the nominee, I will be behind her 100%. Even still, if McCain ends up being the President, I imagine I will be very supportive of him, as he won my respect years ago. My only concern is that he'll be trying too hard to prove he's "conservative" and won't be sticking to what he truly believes. Knowing him, I'm not too worried about that.



In case you haven't seen these Super Bowl highlights yet (or haven't seen them 100 times yet), enjoy! A smile still comes across my face as I watch Manning avoid all those tackles and Tyree make that catch on his helmet and then break his back as he holds on to the ball. What a game! The Patriots were 2 minutes 44 seconds from finishing a perfect 19-0 season for the first time in NFL history, but it wasn't meant to be as the Giants won their first Super Bowl since 1991, when I was 10. Speaking of that game, I can still remember so clearly watching Scott Norwood miss that field goal. Let me set the scene for you: if he kicks the ball between the goal posts, Buffalo is the champion; if he misses, then the Giants are.


(I don't endorse the fake newspaper headline or the ending, but the clip is fun to watch).



I cried 10 year old tears that night watching this interview feeling so bad for him, but so happy he missed it. You know it's a tough moment when the reporters are trying to console the players on the air!



I can't quite describe what it is about the Shout Out Louds that make them one of my favorite bands these days, but I can't get enough of their album "Our Ill Wills." Maybe it's the Swedish accent? I'm not sure about the video for "Tonight I have to leave it," but it's a fantastic song. Here's the video for "Impossible":



Other than my sweetheart, the baby and school, this is what's on my mind lately.

No comments: