Tuesday, May 10, 2005


The Yanks won their fourth game in a row tonight, and Tino Martinez has hit a home run in these four straight games. In honor of finally having something to celebrate this season, here's a pic from my favorite Tino moment. This is game 1 of the 1998 World Series, in which the Padres had been up by 3 runs until Knoblauch hit a HR to tie it. Later that inning Tino hit a grand slam into the upper deck that gave us the momentum to sweep the Series and win the first of 3 straight championships. The summer of 98 was a rough one for me in many ways, but the Yanks had the best record in baseball history that year, and every night seemed to provide the excitement, distraction and hope I needed. I was at opening day, and I was at the final home game of the World Series, and many in between. It's good to have Tino back, seeing him in pinstripes brings back all those memories. I know it sounds crazy to anyone who isn't a baseball fan, but I guess it's part of being a New Yorker. Posted by Hello

No comments: