Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Carthage mob scene


I think the final scene started around 8pm, but before we could join the other 50 men who had shown up, we had to hurry back to the wardrobe tent and change from being townsfolk to being mobbers. All I needed was a thin jacket type thing, a sash, a black hat and an even dirtier face. One of the people I came with got a heavy black coat, tied with a coon skin belt, complimented by a pistol and a bottle of whiskey. As we got to the main field in the village, we joined the rest of the mob, as they were camped out in front of a giant green screen, that will eventually have Carthage Jail projected on to it during post-production. Our job was to be drunk ruffians, shouting and hollering threats at the prophet who was being kept on the second floor on the night before we overtook the jail and murdered him. I had to cross in front of the camera a few times, and to be honest, it was hard to come up with enough bad things to shout at someone I admire and revere so deeply. I'm glad they had already done the killing scene, I wouldn't have wanted to be in that. Posted by Hello

No comments: