Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A la prochaine


Je veux dire a Montreal, "je t'aime, merci, au revoir." It was an emotional experience to leave Montreal yesterday, driving out on the same bridge I came in on more than 6 years ago. It's humbling to think about how much I've grown and how much I have accomplished in that time. Sincere thanks to everyone who helped make that possible. I am now back in NYC, and it feels nice to be be here voluntarily for a change! I joked with my dad that it feels like I've stepped a month back in time weather wise. Unfortunately my plans are completely messed up by the illegal strike waged by the transit workers. Can you imagine NYC without the subway and buses? I physically cannot get to work today, since it's past Wall St. and I'm up on 186th st, more than 20 miles north. The union has been fined $1 million per day for the strike, and it's not enough if you ask me.

No comments: