Monday, December 19, 2005

My Young Men

After 2 years of volunteering as President of the organization for young men at my Church's local congregation, I was officially replaced yesterday. It was an extremely emotional experience for me, as I've grown to love the boys tremendously. They are some of the most impressive 12-17 year olds I have ever met, and I look forward to witnessing the force for good they will be in this world. I hope you enjoy these pictures of some recent activities. The pic above is from a sleepover on Dec 10th. I was the first one to fall asleep (at 4am!), and the boys were still playing ping pong at 6am (can you even see me buried in that pile?). The bottom picture is some of us singing Christmas songs on the metro platform with the missionaries. Lots of people took our photos or smiled as they walked by. The young men and women also handed out donated socks last week to the homeless people in the area. Ralph, the new President, overheard Kameron say "Wow, if we could bottle this good feeling, we'd be rich!" Many thanks to Ralph and all the other counselors I've had during these two years. I hope the boys enjoy seeing their pics on my blog, and know how much I love them. I'm gonna miss you guys!

No comments: