Friday, April 21, 2006

Happy Easter


There are three profound quotes on my mind this easter season that I'm trying to adopt into my psyche. The first is by the First Presidency in the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet. The second is by Winston Churchill and the third is by the Lord while speaking to Alma in Mosiah 26:30. 1) Choose righteousness and happiness, no matter what the circumstances. 2) Success is defined as going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. 3) As often as my people repent will I forgive them their trespasses against me. I've read each of these statements in the last week and have been struck very deeply by them. It seems to me that the full application of each of these principles in my life is made possible by Jesus Christ. His example, sacrifice and conquering give me the hope and literally the power to live the productive and successful life these quotes promise; this is what Easter means to me this year.

1 comment:

Steenson Family Blog said...

Thank-you, David- I truly appreciated your thoughts this Easter and mom's email. Thank-you