Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Congressional Certificate

The other day I received this congressional certificate in the mail from Congressman Charles Rangel of NY. It's in appreciation for the work I did as an intern in his district office in Harlem this summer. If you haven't heard of Charles Rangel yet, you probably will soon. He's been in Congress for more than 34 years, and if the Democrats end up with control of the House in January, then he'll probably become Chair of the powerful Ways and Means Committee which is responsible for taxation laws. I must admit that his stances are a bit further to the left than my moderate opinions, but he is a principled man who represents his Harlem district perfectly. The final picture is of him speaking at Teacher's College in 2003. In preparation for his speech there this summer, one of his staff asked me to prepare a list of quotes on education for him to select from. I don't know what he actually said in the end, but it was fun to help him prepare.

No comments: