Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Happy 50th Dad!

Sarah and I were so happy that my dad flew up to Ottawa for the weekend to celebrate his recent birthday. It was the first time someone's come to visit and we were excited to show him our apartment, neighborhood and new city. I especially enjoyed showing him and Sarah around Parliament, including a few places the public normally doesn't see. The picture below is from just outside the House of Commons chambers.
I joked that if we each could design our own personal heaven, then Dad's would look a lot like Canada's Library of Parliament. The above picture doesn't do the amazing detail of the library justice, but Dad said it was the nicest library he's ever seen. The bottom picture is my beautiful wife with the birthday "boy" outside the library.

This is my desk in Rob Merrifield's office in the Justice Building. It's a beautiful office and I feel so lucky to be working there and working with his staff. Michael and Ranelle have been great to me and have taught me so much. I love this internship, it's allowed me to do so much, including be in the presence of national leaders. For example, I was just a few feet away from the leaders of 3 of Canada's parties as they gave press conferences this afternoon. Look for me on the news!

No comments: