Thursday, September 07, 2006

Moving




After getting back from our honeymoon last week, Sarah and I rented a uhaul, spent hundreds of dollars at ikea and moved to Gatineau, Quebec! We have spent almost every waking moment of the last week putting furuniture together and enjoying our new home. I hadn't seen the place before moving in, but am glad I trusted Sarah's judgement. The apartment is wonderful, with plenty of space, clean and in a great area. We're close to banks, supermarkets, restaurants, and only 5km from the city of Ottawa. In fact, I could clearly see Parliament Hill across the river during my afternoon jog today. As you can see from the 3rd picture, we've also enjoyed christening our wedding gifts. Thank you to everyone for the many gifts, including plenty of money and everything from the practical (towels and bathmats), to the quirky (such as my pig ice cream scooper). I've also found that milk tastes better out of my UNC Public Health mug than anything else!

No comments: