Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My big screen debut



If you're new to my blog then I invite you to go through the June 2005 archives to read my posts about being an extra in my church's movie about Joseph Smith. It was a great experience to get paid to be in a movie of such an interesting and historically important person. I first saw myself up on the big screen during the summer of 2006 when I was in Salt Lake City, but since the movie isn't out on DVD yet I've had no way to prove to others that I really was in it. Well, when Sarah and I were in DC a couple weeks ago we stopped at the Temple visitor's center and watched the movie together. I knew when my scene was coming up (more than 30 minutes into the movie) so I pulled out our camera and bootlegged my scene! Now I have proof! If you were able to zoom in on the four people unloading the barge on the other side of the river as the scene opens, then you'll notice that I'm the second from the left. It's movie magic that I am on both sides of the canal at the same time! Without further ado, here's the video clip:


No comments: