Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fayetteville 10k

On Sat Aug 18th I ran a 10k race in Fayetteville, and had a blast. Here's the photo essay of our experience:

We drove into town Friday evening after a full week of orientation and crashed at the HOJO after a big pasta dinner.


Sarah had been training for the 5k, but decided not to run because her foot had been seriously bothering her during the weeks leading up to the race.


Can you spot me at the starting line?


Here I am after the race. I've never been a fast runner, so my goal of doing it under 1 hour was quite modest. It was still a stretch for me, but that's what I was shooting for during my training the last 2 1/2 months. There are a few reasons I stopped caring about that goal and readjusted to make my goal simply finishing comfortably: 1) since my big toe injury I missed a large stretch of training, not running for an entire 10 day period, and then not running more than 2-3 times per week. 2) I didn't run as much because of the transition and work associated with moving and being on vaction 3) when I arrived in NC it was freaking hot! The first week we were here it reached 120 degrees with the humidity factored in! You should try running in that, especially when you live towards the bottom of the hill. My final time was 1:06 and change, which is so much slower than when I trained in Ottawa, but oh well. I'm still proud that I did it and have the shirt to prove it!

No comments: