Wednesday, August 08, 2007

21 years in a row



While Sarah and I were in NYC recently, my dad took us to a great Yankees game. I was relieved the Yanks played well and that Sarah had a good time, because her first Yankees game was really boring! This was a special game as ARod was one home run short of 500. Each pitch he faced brought electricity to the crowd (literally, as you can see there were tons of camera flashing during each pitch). Unfortunately he didn't get #500 that day, but when he did a few games later, he became the youngest player in baseball history to reach that milestone. I think there's only something like 26 other people who have ever reached 500.



Having grown up 25 minutes from Yankee stadium I've been to many games, including one season when I went to as many as 26! While this will most likely be my only game this year, it's special because it keeps our streak alive of having gone to a Yankees game together for 21 straight summers. As far as we can remember, we've been to a game every season since 1987 when I was 6 years old. My favorite part of any Yankee game is singing New York, New York along with Sinatra at the end.

No comments: