Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas in Mesa

Didn't I marry the cutest girl? I took this picture of us in front of the Mesa, Arizona temple after attending a session with my Grandparents. This is one of the oldest LDS temples I've been to, and of the really old ones I've seen, this might be the best example of renovations improving the building and temple experience without losing its historic feel. Because I'm kind of a nerd about keeping spreadsheets to track things like running, I have a record of every time I've been to a temple. For example, I know the exact number of endowments I've done, or the number of temples I've attended, and the exact number of times I've been to each. In case you're wondering, I've been to 20 temples with Montreal the most frequented. The rest of the list is: Manhattan, Idaho Falls, Boise, Bolivia, Provo, Washington DC, Boston, Salt Lake, Logan, Bountiful, Mt Timpanagos (UT), Jordan River (UT), Ogden, St. George, Manti, Las Vegas, Raleigh and Edmonton.

Inside the temple visitors center was a beautiful display of nativity scenes created by artists all over the world, including a beautiful collection of french pieces. We loved our private time with Grandma and Grandpa before the rest of the crowd arrived.

No comments: