Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007

I've thought a lot about my faith in Jesus Christ during the last few months and feel so grateful for my belief in Him as a Savior. There's nothing this world needs more right now than peace and goodwill, which is what His message and sacrifice is all about. As this wonderful editorial in the Washington Post outlines, it's hard to imagine how this peace will be achieved amidst all these wars. Even still, I am full of optimism that great things can be accomplished out of small seeds. Nothing has rejuvinated this optimism more than the experience of becoming a father. This beautiful girl growing inside Sarah quite literally grew from our small seeds and will grow to become a beautiful woman. It's true I haven't seen her yet and don't know her personality, but if as her mother's daughter I'm confident she'll be my greatest contribution to the world so far. This is a picture of Sarah and I opening up her very first Christmas gift. For the record, it was a beautiful sweater and hat that my mom crocheted for her. In the background is my step-sister Tiffany and her fiance Fred who will be married in 3 weeks!

No comments: