Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Phish Reunion



PHISH HAMPTON 2009 from Phish on Vimeo.

After 5 years of not playing, Phish announced this morning that they're getting back together for a weekend of shows in Hampton, Virginia. I won't go into all the details, but Hampton is a particularly famous venue in Phish lore, so this is very fitting. The announcement came by way of this video being posted on their website at 3am this morning! (No I wasn't awake to see it that early). I heard about it by 9am, and quickly signed up for the lottery to get tickets. The Hampton Coliseum only seats 13,000, and I'd expect at least 30,000-50,000 people to try to get tickets, so I'm not counting my chickens until they hatch. To give you an idea, at 10am I decided to look at hotels just out of curiousity and found that virtually EVERYTHING within 10 miles was booked already.

In case you can't figure out what the guy in the video is drawing, here's a picture of the venue:

No comments: