Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Funny Political Ad



In the Dem. primary for US Senate yesterday, Oregon House Speaker Merkley was given a run for his money by Steve Novack. This race wasn't supposed to be so competitive, but it ended up being particularly interesting as Novak displayed a sense of humor, capitalizing on his "uniqueness." Apparently he's only 4'9" and was born without a left arm. "People are looking for something a little different; well, I'm little and I'm different!" Even still, he lost, and it'll be Merkley vs. Gordon Smith in the fall. This is one seat I kinda hope stays Republican, as Gordon Smith is an impressive moderate Senator who, along with Orrin Hatch and Harry Reid, is blazing the trail as a successful Mormon. If you've been following the blog long enough, you'll recall that I met Sen. Smith in 2006 as he as in NYC to discuss the book he had written about dealing with his son's suicide. It was a touching and impressive book to say the least. Check out my April 2006 posts to read what I wrote then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Guy...

Good on him though.







http://casualaffairs.blogspot.com/