Saturday, April 05, 2008

Raleigh Rocks Half Marathon


Today I ran the Raleigh Rocks Half Marathon in Raleigh, North Carolina. It was my third half marathon ever. In fact, I didn't start running regularly until Feb 2007. So while I am still not very fast, I am pleased with my progress. In Ottawa in May 2007 I ran the (13.1 miles) 21.1km in 2:22:42. In Myrtle Beach last February I ran it in 2:09:40. Today I ran Raleigh in 2:07:37. It was still 2 minutes slower than my fastest time (which came in a training run). Again, it's not fast, but I'm pleased that I've been able to start from nothing and fairly comfortably run a half marathon. I haven't signed up yet, but I'm thinking seriously about gearing up for a full 26.2 mile marathon in 7 months. We'll see. Many thanks to dad for coming to me in Raleigh. He took the two pics, the top being the before picture and the bottom the after in the parking lot before heading home to watch conference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I was hoping you can shed some light on the Raleigh Rocks race. I just ran the Disney Marathon and have ran the Nashville half. I love both of these races and wanted to know if the Raleigh Rocks is a fun race. I like entertainment along the way and I see that they have bands. Would you recommend it? Thanks! Kendra email: bodyandsoulfitnessnc@yahoo.com