Sunday, April 27, 2008

Updates



I am as ready to be a dad as I'll ever be. I had so much fun tonight playing with my friend's daughter and thinking about how much I already love the girl in this belly:


In other news, I've decided to train for the Richmond Marathon on November 15th, yes the full 26.2!! I'm pretty nervous and excited at the same time and glad to have a new goal. I've discovered the Carolina North Forest, a beautiful 750 acres of trails in thick woods which provide wonderful shade on hot runs. I've been increasing the number of days I run lately to 5 (I was only running 3 times during the busiest part of the semester), though I've taken a break from longer distance. I ran 6 miles once and 5 miles twice last week, as well as a couple 3 milers. I've been really inspired by one of my Econ profs who ran a 2:35 time in the Boston Marathon last week, coming in the top 100, averaging around 6 minutes per mile!! Imagine coming in the top 100 of one of the most prestigious races in the world. He said the highlight was passing Lance Armstrong and then not seeing him again the rest of the race.

No comments: