Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Intrepid

It's funny how quickly things change. I was in NYC all last week, and just 2 days ago rode past the intrepid in a cab on my way to the bus station. If you've never been to the Intrepid, it's a former World War II battleship which has been turned into a museum. It's really pretty cool to sit inside one of the planes or imagine what it was like to live on the ship. It's been sitting at its home in the west 50's in Manhattan that it was so stuck in the mud they couldn't get it out! Apparently they finally suceeded yesterday, and there were some great pictures on the NY Times website of its trip to Bayonne, NJ where it is going to be cleaned up. I love this image of the skyline and can't believe I've said goodbye to it again. Truth be told, however, I am so happy to be up in Canada where even though temperatures are already below freezing and our car is covered in snow, I am eveloped by the warmth of my wife's love!

1 comment:

Levi said...

I loves going to the Intrepid when I was a kid. I must have gone 3 or 4 times. At one point they got a submarine too.