Monday, December 04, 2006

NYC?

You'll never guess where I am right now... at work in downtown Manhattan! It's been so wierd to be home, and although I've had a great time, I really look to being back in Canada with Sarah. I came down a week ago so that I could get a study permit to take a graduate level seminar in Canadian Health Policy at the Univ of Ottawa. But wasn't I already in Canada you ask? True, but it's actually much more difficult to apply for a Canadian study permit from within Canada. Because I'm from the States, I can just do it at the border when I come up on the bus. Since being down I've been staying at my father's apt and have enjoyed spending time with him. My mom was in Washington D.C. for a conference, so I took the bus down Friday night and spent the weekend with her. It was great, I toured the Capital Building, walked around the White House and had dinner in Georgetown. In all honesty, this was hardly a vacation though. I've been home in NewYork City for 5 days, the first was spent recovering from an overnight bus trip. The other four weekdays were all spent working down at my old summer job, as a Temp in the Tax deparment for Legg Mason's Mutual Fund Accounting. It's so surreal to be back, but I'm very grateful to have a job where I can call up on Monday and essentially say, "Well, I thought it was good-bye when I left in July, but I'm going to be in the city this week and I'm hoping to start working on Wednesday," and for them to say "ok, great, come get as many hours as you want." Tonight I catch the 9:30 bus back north, crossing the border around 4am, but not getting into Ottawa until 9am. Ahh, I'm so happy I'll have 12 hours on the bus to look forward to tonight! I promise to post pictures soon.

No comments: