Wednesday, December 20, 2006

On my mind...


One of the nice things about having a blog is I get to write about what's on my mind with the assumption that someone cares. You get three things today: Christmas, Petitte and Finland. Well, Finland hasn't actually been on my mind that much except that I just happened upon this great photo essay of the day the Helsinki Finland Temple was dedicated (Oct 22). As for Christmas, our ward (congregation) just had its annual Christmas party, and it was a blast. I really like our ward and enjoy my role. I'm the Ward Mission Leader, meaning I work closely with the full time missionaries to help them teach people interested in our Church. The woman holding the baby was baptized in November and has become a good friend of ours, and the kid in front (with the bunny ears) is the son of a woman who was baptized last Sunday. I also feel privileged to work so closely with these missionaries who seem to be the perfect combo for Sarah and I. One is from Idaho, the other from France. Finally, I couldn't be happier that Andy Petitte just signed to come back to the Yankees. What was he thinking going to Houston! I totally forgive him for going since it was to be closer to his family, but I'm so glad he's back. I'm convinced we wouldn't have caved to Boston and might even have won the World Series in 04 had he still been a Yankee. As long as he can stay healthy, he'll plug a big hole in our rotation. He might even convince Roger to come back next season (never thought I'd be hoping for that!)

No comments: