Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Big week for the blog

This has turned out to be a big week for the blog for two reasons: 1) I've finally added the counter, 2) I've decided to use it as more than just a travel log, but to share my opinions and reactions to world events and US politics. Right at the outset I'd like to say that I still don't consider myself a Democrat or a Republican, so this blog doesn't represent one particular political slant. For example, I support the health care proposals put forth by Sen. Hillary Clinton. Before any of my more conservative friends jump down my throat about that, consider that one of her biggest supporters on this issue is New Gingrich! Check out this article for example. On the other hand, I tend to agree with most David Brooks articles in the NY Times, I would've voted for republican Mike Bloomberg in the NYC mayor election if my absentee ballot would've come and my favorite Senator these days has been republican Arlen Spector of Penn. I guess I'm proud of being somewhat centrist and willing to learn about various sides of each issues.

I expect to write somewhat sparingly since I'm in the middle of my last 5 weeks at McGill University. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy reading my opinions and that you add your comments to what I've written.

No comments: