Saturday, November 12, 2005

ICAN, can you?

Already there are two things wrong with this post: 1) I don't know exactly what the title means, but the pun was too good to resist. ICAN stands for the International Cesarean Awareness Network, an advocate group dedicated to raising awareness about the dangers of the rising cesarean section rate in the US. As I've researched and written my papers about this important issue, I've become very impressed with this organization and the work they're doing. While cesareans can be lifesaving, there is no reason for the rate to be so high. 2) Cesarean Awareness Month is April, but since it's what I spend so much of my time thinking about these days, it might as well be November. Check out this article from the New York Times which quotes ICAN, as well as ICAN's website.

No comments: