Thursday, November 03, 2005

Weekend in Utah

My paternal grandparents just received a call to be missionaries living in Boston for a year. They started on Halloween, but on Sunday Oct 23rd the entire family gathered in Brigham City, Utah (1 hour north of Salt Lake City) to hear them speak in front of their congregation. No one expected my Dad and I to come from Montreal and NYC but we flew accross the country on Saturday, finally pulling up in front of their house around 10pm. My grandparents were so happy and excited and shocked to see us on their doorstep, I honestly thought Grandma would have a heart attack!

During the weekend I got to spend some serious quality time with my cousins (remember my posts from August, that I have the cutest cousins in the world?) Some of us even played a game of football to work off the incredible meal we ate. Here's a picture of the losing team taken right before their football lesson began.

What do the Jones' do when we all get together? Gather around Wes' laptop and watch funny commercials about anti-theft systems involving monkeys throwing robbers off a bridge.


There was also a really nice moment when Wes gave Grandpa & Grandma a beautiful wood elephant he bought in Nigeria.

No comments: