Sunday, January 08, 2006

Boise


I've made it to Boise, Idaho and much to my delight, the family I'm staying with has high speed internet. They also have almost the exact same Dell computer I had back home so I'll be able to keep my blog running pretty easily. Boise has been great to me so far. This evening I parked my new car (woohoo!) at my new workplace (the capital building) and gave myself a walking tour of downtown. While talking to a friend on my cell phone in front of the Qwest arena, someone walked up to me and said "you going to the game?" I wasn't, but when he offered me a ticket and I asked how much he wanted for it, he handed it to me and said "enjoy," so I did. It was a CBA basketball game between the Idaho Stampede and the Rockport (or was it Rockland?) Lightning from Illinois. Idaho lost but it was still a lot of fun (in case you are wondering, that is me in the photo). I'm excited to be here and I'm really looking forward to the start of the legislative session on Monday. Many thanks to Alan and Sharon Bingham for their incredible hospitality (and a dog named Sarah!).

No comments: