Thursday, January 05, 2006

Got my phix


It's been 15 months since I've seen a Phish show (Aug 12, 2004 in Camden, NJ) and I've only seen two in 4 1/2 years (the last shows before that were 4 shows in Sept 2000, 2 in Albany and 2 in Mass). It's hard to describe why I like them so much, and why their concerts are so fun and why I've seen them 16 times (traveling all over the northeast US and as far as Columbus, Ohio to see them). The band has broken up but the other night, Sarah and I went to see a Phish cover band called Phix and had an absolute blast. It was so much fun for everyone to sing along with the words and dance to the music while realizingn there are many other people who enjoy this music as much as you. In fact, one of the best parts of the show was watching the crazy phish style dancing that you can't describe until you've been to a show. I think I've got a phish convert in Sarah, though she did decline the chance to go to the 31st show...

No comments: