Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pics from Utah




While in Utah last weekend I got to spend time with my mom and her two sisters, including my Aunt Brenda's who is courageously dealing with ovarian cancer. I have always loved Aunt Brenda, and I am grateful for every opportunity I get to convey that love to her. The girl with my mom is Catharina, Brenda's youngest daughter and one of my coolest cousins. I remember so clearly the day she was born as I was staying with Brenda's family for part of the summer. As I already mentioned on the blog, I went to Salt Lake City and got to see the new Joseph Smith movie (which I am in!!!), and as I began the 5 hour drive back to Boise it started to snow. It wasn't much and although I was tired, I decided I could just keep going, getting to Boise around midnight. I believe in divine inspiration and assistance, and that's what I had on Saturday night, as I could almost tangibly hear a voice say "C'mon Dave, pull over here, stay the night in Utah. Don't try driving through the snowy mountains in the dark..." The funny thing is that voice sounded just like my dad's! This impression came just as I was approaching the Forrest St. exit of Brigham City, and so I decided to get off and drive to my Jones grandparent's house. Of course, they are on a mission in Boston, so no one was there, but when I told my story to their neighbors (who had been asked to watch over the home, and who I had previously met), they lent me the spare key and I got to stay the night and eat Grandma's strawberry jam; thanks Grandma!!! I made to Boise the next day, and I was so glad I didn't try to push it, since I saw 5 dead deer within a one mile alongside of the road span up in the hills. I wouldn't have stood a chance in my little car and my lack of experience with snowy roads. As you can see from the pic of my car in Brigham City, the roads weren't that bad the next morning.

No comments: