Sunday, January 22, 2006

Weekend in Utah

After an exciting end to the week (there was a lot of drama in the House Education committee which I might write about after things get resolved on Wednesday), I drove 5 hours down to SLC for a Phix concert (remember my previous post about the phish cover band?) It was just as fun to see them this time. The real highlight of the weekend was getting to spend time with my mom (who was in Utah from NYC) and my aunt Brenda, who is currently suffering from Ovarian cancer. It was a very touching and emotional experience, but I learned a lot and am so grateful for the love I was able to give to and receive from Brenda. I also got to see the Thompson's, my dad's little sister and her family (remember this picture of Kayla, their youngest?). I also saw the new Joseph Smith movie the church produced and was thrilled that all that work of growing a beard paid off, as I made it onto the big screen for an entire 3 seconds! Remember what I looked like with a beard and in my costume? I can't describe the thrill it was to see myself on the big screen. I almost grabbed the arm of the stranger next to me just to tell him that was me up there. As the goosebumps receded, I decided that wouldn't be the humble thing to do. Anyway, I had many incredible experiences this weekend which taught me many important life lessons, and when I get the pictures on my computer I'll share what I've learned with you. By the way, thank you to everyone who sent me birthday wishes, I really appreciate your friendship.

1 comment:

freethoughtguy said...

Oh, my! Maybe my new beard should be cut as mutton chops!