Saturday, March 25, 2006

Brenda's Funeral

On Sunday March 12th at 4:15 am my Aunt Brenda died peacefully in her sleeping, finally ending her 3 year bout with cancer. The following Saturday I joined most of my mother's family in Corinne, Utah for a beautiful funeral service in her honor. It was an incredibly touching experience in which I learned a lot about life, true success and happiness. I was constantly reminded of a recent talk given by an Apostle, entitled "What Matters Most is What Lasts Longest." I'm grateful for my faith that family relationships continue after death and the guidance this knowledge gives me in how I conduct my life. As another Apostle said at the passing of his wife, while it's important to be successful and accomplish important things in life, no one lays on their death bed saying "I wish I spent more time at the office." As I watched Brenda's teenage daughter sing a beautiful solo during the hymn/prayer "Abide with Me," I openly wept with gratitude and love for my life and family. Thank you Brenda for helping to teaching me this lesson.

No comments: