Friday, March 17, 2006

Goodbye Boise

I can't believe it's already halfway through March and I'm writing my last blog post from Boise, Idaho. While the legislative session has at least another couple weeks, I am going home a little early due to the passing of my Aunt Brenda, and my being invited to interview at UNC Chapel Hill. My experience in Boise was absolutely wonderful, I feel so grateful to have been able to work in the government and for all the things I've learned. I'm especially grateful to have worked so closely with Rep. Margaret Henbest, for the kindness she showed me, as well as her willingness to involve me very closely on a few issues. While saying good bye she said to me, "I don't know how I'd ever have gotten so much done with you here." While she is more than capable of accomplishing a lot, I have been honored to know her and work with her. Many thanks also to everyone else I worked with: Cathy, Amber, Jessica (who earned photographer credit for the above photo), Paul, Ben, Kasey (with a K?) and Josh. The next month is going to be exhausting in the amount of difficult traveling I'll do, but it is kind of nice to think of being home soon.

No comments: