Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Cesarean Paper to be Published!

The latest in my string of good news to post on the blog is that on Sunday evening I received an email that my 25 page paper on the rising cesarean section rate in the United States was accepted to be published in the McGill Journal of Sociology!! As far as I know, they only publish 10 articles a year, so I am very honored that they're publishing mine. Remember reading about the research phase during the fall last semester? Many thanks to Sarah, Prof Montgomery, Mom, Dad and everyone else who read drafts and offered crucial encouragement. If you want to read a copy of my paper or receive a hard copy of the journal, let me know, I'd love to send one to you. The other good news is that I had a good interview with Dr. Jeffrey Levi of George Washington University yesterday. I love their program and am thrilled to be considered, though I don't know how I could afford $44,000 per year!

No comments: